The Nordic Hydrological Conference (NHC2022)
NHC2022: Hydrology and Water-related Ecosystems
Tallinn University, Tallinn, Estonia, 15-18 August 2022
After every two years, the Nordic Hydrological Conference (NHC) takes place in a different member country of the Nordic Association for Hydrology (NHF). In August 2022 we are waiting you to Tallinn, Estonia. NHC2022 main topic will be “Hydrology and Water-related Ecosystems”. It will offer a great opportunity to discuss not only strictly hydrological questions but also about water as the basis of our whole existence and warrant for human well-being. Functioning water cycle and clean water are one of the most important ecosystem services we have. The NHC20202 will be an excellent venue for dissemination of scientific results and practical applications of hydrological research.
NHC2022 will also celebrate two special events - the 50th Year Anniversary of the Nordic Association for Hydrology and 100 Years of Hydrological Service in Estonia.
- Knowledge gaps in the interactions between hydrology, ecosystems and global change
- Hydrological and ecological modelling
- Approaches for monitoring, assessment, protection and restoration for water and ecosystem services
- Water and ecosystems for human well-being
- Water policy and governance
- Field excursion in karst geomorphology and hydrology of Kohila karst region (Oliver Koit)
- Key elements of scientific writing (Bjørn Kløve)
- Isotope hydrology (Nathan D. Stansell)
- Communicating your science to the public (Arko Olesk)
Join NHF by filling in the application form at http://nhf-hydrology.org
- Tarmo Soomere (president of Estonian Academy of Sciences, Estonia)
- Nathan D. Stansell (Northern Illinois University, USA)
- Pertti Ala-aho (University of Oulu, Finland)
- Brian Kronvang (Aarhus University, Denmark)
- Håkan Tropp (OECD Water Governance Programme)
- October 2019 - First call.
- January 2020 - Abstracts submission and registration!
- March 22nd 2020 - Submission of abstracts closes.
- April 22nd 2020 - Notification about acceptance of abstract.
- May 20th 2022 - Deadline for early-bird registration.
- June 22nd 2022 - Final program ready.
- August 15th-18th 2022 - Conference programme.
For updates and information join the NHC2022 Facebook event.
Tiit Vaasma - email@example.com