The Nordic Hydrological Conference (NHC2022)
NHC2022: Hydrology and Water-related Ecosystems
Tallinn University, Tallinn, Estonia, 15-18 August 2022
Programme QR code
After every two years, the Nordic Hydrological Conference (NHC) takes place in a different member country of the Nordic Association for Hydrology (NHF). In August 2022 we are waiting you to Tallinn, Estonia. NHC2022 main topic will be “Hydrology and Water-related Ecosystems”. It will offer a great opportunity to discuss not only strictly hydrological questions but also about water as the basis of our whole existence and warrant for human well-being. Functioning water cycle and clean water are one of the most important ecosystem services we have. The NHC2022 will be an excellent venue for dissemination of scientific results and practical applications of hydrological research.
NHC2022 will also celebrate two special events - the 50th Year Anniversary of the Nordic Association for Hydrology and 100 Years of Hydrological Monitoring in Estonia.
The organizing committee of NHC2022 consider Russia's aggression unjustified and condemn the military attack on an independent state.
Due to the Russian aggression in Ukraine the organizers of NHC2022 are halting cooperation with Russian and Belarusian institutions, even we strongly acknowledge the statement from many Russian scientists and scientific journalists who have spoken out against the war started by Russia in the heart of Europe.
Participants from Ukrainian institutions are exempted from the NHC2022 conference fee.
- Knowledge gaps in the interactions between hydrology, ecosystems and global change
- Hydrological and ecological modelling
- Approaches for monitoring, assessment, protection and restoration for water and ecosystem services
- Water and ecosystems for human well-being
- Water policy and governance
- Field excursion in karst geomorphology and hydrology of Kohila karst region (Oliver Koit)
- Key elements of scientific writing (Bjørn Kløve)
- Isotope hydrology (Nathan D. Stansell)
- Communicating your science to the public (Arko Olesk)
Join NHF by filling in the application form at http://nhf-hydrology.org
- Tarmo Soomere (president of Estonian Academy of Sciences, Estonia)
- Nathan D. Stansell (Northern Illinois University, USA)
- Pertti Ala-aho (University of Oulu, Finland)
- Håkan Tropp (Stockholm International Water Institute SIWI)
- December 2021 - First call and abstracts submission opens
- January 2022 - Registration opens
- 8 May 2022 - Submission of abstracts closes
- 30 May 2022 - Notification about acceptance of abstract
- 20 June 2022 - Deadline for early-bird registration
- 30 June 2022 - Late registration
- 20 July 2022 - Final program ready
- 15-18 August 2022 - Conference event
For updates and information join the NHC2022 Facebook event.
Tiit Vaasma - email@example.com
Nordic Council of Ministers´Office in Estonia
Estonian Environment Agency
Sven Hallin Research Foundation
Maa- ja vesitekniikan tuki ry (MVTT)